OCR - What- When- How Much

Hi,

Based on the forum postings back in mid February, it was stated that OCR would be available in April or May. April has passed and May is upon us. We are looking at several vendors and would like to consider Aspose as one of them, but we need more details on how your OCR will work (aka will it be Java based and work on all image files), when will it be released (e.g. and exact date would be nice), and how much will it cost.

Can someone please contact me directly with these answers? I left a message with sales.

Thank you,

Todd

Hi Todd,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.

We are working on Aspose.OCR product for .NET. It is still in the development stage and we expect to release it for the public in Q2 2011. After development of the .NET product, we will work on Aspose.OCR for Java and I am sorry, we cannot promise an exact date for both .NET and Java OCR library at this stage.

Regarding features, it will perform OCR on image file and will be able to recognize text in different languages.

Price will be decided later on by the business and development teams.

Hi,

Just curious if there is an update on OCR for Java. Customers of ours pushing for an OCR solution. We’re approaching Q4 and need to make a decision soon. If Aspose can not provide a Java based OCR solution, we’ll have to go somewhere else. Which is too bad. We’ve been using your Java based Bar Code solution and have been happy with the results.

Thank you,

Todd

Dear Todd,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose products. Our developers are working on the first release of Aspose.OCR for Java and it will be released soon (may be within next month). We will let you know once Aspose.OCR for Java is released.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.