Odd Print Rendering when Pages are Mixed Orientation

I have an invoice document where the first page is portrait and the remainder of the document is landscape which is comprised mostly of a table and is printed on letter size paper. The document prints as expected in Microsoft Word 2010.

When I call document.Print() the document prints fine but the fourth table row on the second landscape page and all following rows are compressed as if the orientation was switched to portrait. Curiously, if I remove the cover page which is the only portrait page, the document will print exactly as it would from Word 2010.

The code is simple:

Document document = new Document(“invoice.doc”);

document.Print();

I also saved the document as a multiple page TIFF document and the rendering was also wrong there.

This is a show stopper for me if I cannot get this resolved. Any ideas or suggestions?
Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input document here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,
First, thank you for taking the time to dig a little further into this issue.

However, before I can send you the original document I will have to check with our General Counsel as the document is an invoice and contains potentially sensitive information regarding our client and their employees. I performed heavy redaction in Word 2010 of the original and something I changed caused the new document to begin rendering properly.

I'll get back in touch and let you know.

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that it is safe to attach files in the forum. If you attach your document here, only you and Aspose staff members can download it. Also, you can send the file to my e-mail as described here:

Best regards,

I’ve managed to create a shell document that represents the issue and have attached it. The first page is portraits and renders fine. The second page is landscape and renders fine. The third page is where the problem starts a couple of paragraphs from the top.

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.6.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-10447. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In this case, as a temporary workaround, you may just call Document.UpdateTableLayout method before rendering/printing; only in rare cases where you confirmed that tables appear incorrect in the output document. I hope, calling this method will help to correct the output.

Best regards,

Ah! That works perfectly for my production documents. Thank you. I’ll continue testing more documents on this news.

I’ll also be making a purchase recommendation based on your fine support. Thank you again!

Hi John,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Words. Rest assured, we will keep you informed of any developments and let you know via this thread as soon as your issue is resolved.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10447) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.