We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Odd warning when opening PPTX created by Aspose.Slides

I have a program that takes an existing PPTX file and deconstructs it into one PPTX for each slide in the original PPTX. So if the original PPTX (Test.PPTX) has 3 slides I end up with three PPTX files::

Test-Slide-1.PPTX, Test-Slide-2.PPTX, Test-Slide-3.PPTX

When I open these PPTX files with PowerPoint 2010 I get this warning:

Powerpoint has found content in Test-Slide-n.PPTX that it did not understand. This content has been removed and cannot be recovered.

You should review this presentation to determine whether any content was unexpectedly changed or removed.

If I open the same file in PowerPoint 2007 I don't get the warning.

This code is already working for PPT with no issues. I rewrote it using Slides 5.1.0.0 to support PPTX. We have a mixed environment of PPT 2007 migrating to PPT 2010. How do I determine what is causing this message and get rid of it?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

It would be great, if you can provide us PPTX files for investigation purpose.

Hi Richard,

I am able to reproduce the same problem.
For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking
system as SLIDESNET-27136. Our team will look into this issue and you
will be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

I am getting the powerpoint found content that it can not understand error from PowerPoint 2010. Just running the following code is enough to recreate the problem:

using S = Aspose.Slides;

var p = new S.Pptx.PresentationEx();

p.Save(@"C:\test.pptx", S.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

The file opens up just fine with PowerPoint 2007 however.

I've tried Aspose.Slides 4.0.0, 4.3.0, and 5.1.0 and they all exhibit the same behaviour.

Hi Richard,

I reproduced the same problem mentioned by you.
As I shared with you earlier that I had logged this issue as SLIDESNET-27136 and you
will be updated via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 27136) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.