ODS not quite right

Hi,

First of all, I have had an amazing experience using AsposeCells for the first time now, I use the .NET version it makes my life easier on this project, happy that it exists.

Now I would like to import a generated ODS file into the software, and it returns an error because it has issues reading the cells containing data.

I figured out that saving the file in Excel, does fix something and the import of the ODS into the software just works.

Files.zip (10.0 KB)

I’ve attached an archive containing both Versions.

Kind Regards,
Dercio

@HamburgerSoup,

Thanks for the ODS files.

Which version of Aspose.Cells for .NET APIs you are using? I tested your scenario/case using our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET 22.2, it reads both files fine. Here is my sample lines of code:
e.g.
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\To_Import_Failing.ods");
//Workbook workbook = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\To_Import_Working.ods"); 

If you still find any issue with latest version/fix, kindly share your sample code (runnable) to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

Hi,
the issue relies on the 3rd party software that I would like to import the ODS document generated with Aspose.Cells, to clarify my problem.

I used the 21.11 retried with 22.2.

grafik.png (22.8 KB)
(Translation of text: “Issues with following files. (Details in logfile…)”)

Content of the logfile. (.errlog):

INFO Line #0: Parsen beginnen …\win10-x64\To_Import.ods
ERROR Line #9 - Mediendatei kann f�r den Upload nicht gelesen werden F8.tag.key
ERROR Line #10 - Mediendatei kann f�r den Upload nicht gelesen werden 10
INFO Line #0: Ergebnis: 2 Fehler
INFO Line #0: Parsen beenden …\win10-x64\To_Import.ods

About the log:

• To_Import.ods is the generated file with Aspose.Cells, without me manually saving it in Excel
  • Line#9: cant find the key
  • Line#10: cant find the reference.

It’s funny how the 3rd party software can’t properly work with the ODS file, so I tested if the issue on the software but even a Atlassin Jira can’t make sense of the file.

The file previews:
grafik.png (3.0 KB)

The detailed preview’s:
grafik.png (39.0 KB)

grafik.png (20.5 KB)

@HamburgerSoup,

Thanks for the screenshots.

Is the file “To_Import_Failing.ods” generated by Aspose.Cells APIs? I also tested by opening the file in both MS Excel and openoffice manually and it works ok. In short, MS Excel and openoffice have no issue opening the file into it. This would confirm the file is a valid file and is not corrupt by any means. Please note, Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards and specifications when parsing or rendering ODS documents. If MS Excel has any issue when loading the ODS (generated by Aspose.Cells APIS) then we would surely fix the issue. Moreover, we are not sure about your software and may not rely on it for file’s authenticity.

1 Like