ODS to XLSX - circle becomes square

Using aspose-cells-18.11 JDK to convert ODS to XLSX.
Converting spreadsheet with text highlighted using circles. The circles become square.

Code below:
LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions(FileFormatType.ODS);
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(inputPath,loadOptions);
workbook.save(outputPath, SaveFormat.XLSX);

Before/after sample attached

Font issue - square highlight instead of circle.zip (92.6 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

Thanks for the template ODS file and output XLSX file.

After an initial test, I am able to observe/confirm the issue as you mentioned by converting your template ODS file to XLSX file format. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42788” for your issue. The ticket is logged as following:
CELLSJAVA-42788 - ODS to XLSX - circle becomes square

We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@simon.wiseman,

I am afraid, we do no support reading custom shapes in ODS file format for now. We will look into it later on and may support it in future versions.

@simon.wiseman,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v18.12.9 (attached)

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells for Java_v18.12.9.zip (6.4 MB)

This issue has been fixed, the circles are transformed to circles not squares.

However the positions of the circles in the XLSX file aren’t exactly the same as the original ODS file. This is only a slight difference, however it still hasn’t been transformed completely correctly from ODS to XLSX (see attached files). I was using ‘OpenOffice Calc’ to open the ODS file and ‘Microsoft Excel 2019’ to open the XLSX file.

Using aspose-cells-19.10.jar.

Using the following code: com.aspose.cells.LoadOptions loadOptions = new com.aspose.cells.LoadOptions(com.aspose.cells.FileFormatType.ODS);
com.aspose.cells.Workbook workbook = new com.aspose.cells.Workbook(inputPath,loadOptions);
workbook.save(outputPath, com.aspose.cells.SaveFormat.XLSX);

CELLSJAVA-42788.zip (92.5 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

Thanks for the sample code and template file.

I noticed the issue only when opening the XLSX file into OpenOffice. If I use MS Excel to open the file, the shapes and other data is fine. Could you check with MS Excel 2013 and let us know your results.

Moreover, the issues “CELLSJAVA-42788” is not resolved completely as Aspose.Cells does not support reading shapes accurately in ODS files.

I’ve just opened the files using MS Excel 2013 and they both look the same.
So it works when using 2013, thanks for your feedback.

@simon.wiseman,

You are welcome.

@simon.wiseman,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42788”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42788) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java v20.1. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by ahsaniqbalsidiqui