ODS to XLSX - graph bars go missing

Using aspose-cells-18.11 JDK to convert ODS to XLSX.
Converting spreadsheet with bar graph. The bars disappear.

Code below:
LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions(FileFormatType.ODS);
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(inputPath,loadOptions);
workbook.save(outputPath, SaveFormat.XLSX);

Before/after sample attached

Graph bars missing.zip (20.5 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

Thanks for the template ODS file and output XLSX file.

After an initial test, I am able to observe/confirm the issue as you mentioned by converting your template ODS file to XLSX file format. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42789” for your issue. The ticket is logged as following:
CELLSJAVA-42789 - ODS to XLSX - graph bars go missing

We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@simon.wiseman,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@simon.wiseman,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v18.12.8 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells for Java_v18.12.8.zip (6.4 MB)

This issue still hasn’t been fully resolved.
The graph in the ODS file looks completely different to the graph in the XLSX file (see attached).

Using aspose-cells-19.10.jar.

Using the following code:
com.aspose.cells.LoadOptions loadOptions = new com.aspose.cells.LoadOptions(com.aspose.cells.FileFormatType.ODS);
com.aspose.cells.Workbook workbook = new com.aspose.cells.Workbook(inputPath,loadOptions);
workbook.save(outputPath, com.aspose.cells.SaveFormat.XLSX);

CELLSJAVA-42789.zip (20.7 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

Thanks for the template ODS file and output XLSX file.

After an initial test, I am able to observe/confirm the issue as you mentioned by converting your template ODS file to XLSX file format. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-43050” for your issue. The ticket is logged as following:
CELLSJAVA-43050 - graph bars are different

We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Great, thanks.

@simon.wiseman,

You are welcome.

Is there any update on the graph issue?
I have re-tried it and the graphs still look visually different (see screenshot attached).
Using “aspose-cells-20.1.jar”.
Thanks.
graph.PNG (16.3 KB)

@simon.wiseman,
Thank you for writing to Aspose support team again. You are right that issue is still there with the latest version. This issue is still pending due to its complexity and not resolved yet. We will write back here once any update is ready to share.

Ok that’s great, thank you.

@simon.wiseman,

When the maximum of axis is automatic, the maximum value in Excel is not the same as per the maximum value in the ODS, so the graph bars would be different.

The issue is still open and once we have further updates on it, we will let you know.