Odt -> Pdf Conversion Problem

Hi Adam,

I am currently evaluating the Aspose.Words for .NET product. Generally, it works exactly as I would expect.

But with this specific template, it seems to generate the PDF differently to the way word does.

Specifically, the alignment of the Address lines (after “Tom Ash”).

I have attached three files. The original ODT document, the word generated PDF and the Aspose generate PDF.

Is this a known issue? Do you know when it would be fixed by?

Many Thanks,

Tom Richards

This message was posted using Email2Forum by aske012. (attachment)

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I’m afraid I couldn’t reproduce any issue using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET (11.0). I have attached the output produced here.

Could you please try the latest version on your side and see how you go? Also note that the issue may stem from you having different fonts installed on your machine. Could you please detail which OS and version of Word you are using?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this so quickly.

I am using the latest version (downloaded yesterday, v11.0).

I am using Windows 7 Professional (x64) and Office 2007. I have also had open office installed, which did affect my fonts when I installed it.

I will try it on one of our virtual boxes (without Word installed).

Thanks,

Tom Richards

I have just written a test application, and the original document I sent worked fine. But in this latest document, I still have an alignment issue on “Identification: 1234”

I have attached two further documents (odt and pdf).

Could you look into this for me?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for this additional information.

I managed to reproduce the issue on my side. The cause of the problem actually stems from the ODT reader or writer. If you save the document to a Word format and the output in Microsoft Word you can see that an additional space is added to the problem line.

You can work around this issue right now by opening the source ODT file in Open Office and resaving.

We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Hi,

I’m glad we could reproduce it. We all know the worst kind of bug is one we cannot reproduce!!

Thanks for the short term solution. It will certainly help for now, but given that our clients will probably produce these templates in word, it would be good to get a fix.

I don’t know what your bug fix turnaround is, but your delivery cycles seem to be approximately monthly… is that the sort of timeframe we are looking at? We are currently on a 30 day trial (about 3 days in) and would ideally like to verify the resolution during the trial.

Many Thanks,

Tom Richards

Hi Tom,

Thanks for this additional information.

Yes you’re absolutely correct on both counts. Hopefully your bug will be fixed before next month’s release (the end of March) although I cannot guarantee anything. Some issues can take longer than others to fix.

We will keep you informed as soon as there are any developments.

Thanks,

Hi Tom,

Regarding your issue, the developer has provided some feedback. Your issue will be fixed in the March release (not the next release in a few days but in a month’s time).

Thanks,

Thanks for getting this fixed quickly. Our trial license expires in 3 days. Do you think it is possible to give us a further extension (perhaps another 30 days) so that we can complete our testing after your fix?

Many Thanks,

Tom Richards

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sure, please talk to the sales team on the purchase forum here and reference this thread. They will gladly give you an extension on your trial license.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5908) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.