Office 2003 document not correctly converted to PDF

Hi All,

I have a problem with converting the attached Office 2003 document (“Information.pdf”) , to PDF. It seems that the converted PDF, has the image positioned incorrectly (or the text!!!), it overlaps the text (Textrow2Textrow2…).

Is there any way I can get this document converted correctly to PDF?

PS: I am now using Aspose.Words.dll which is at version 8.0.0.0.

Thanks in advance,
Vlad.

Hi

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because you are using floating shape in your document. Currently Aspose.Words does not fully support Text Wrapping during converting to PDF. As a workaround, you can try specifying Wrapping Style of Image to “In Line with Text”. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for the fast reply. Do you have any idea, when will the floating shaped images be supported, so that we can download the latest version of Aspose.Words?

My current code (for converting *.doc to *.pdf) looks like this:

private static MemoryStream DocToPDF(Stream content)
{
    if (content != null)
    {
        var doc = new Document(content);
        var ms = new MemoryStream();
        if (doc.PageCount> 0)
        {
            doc.SaveToPdf(0, doc.PageCount, ms, null);
            return ms;
        }
    }
    return null;
}

With regard to the workaround, can you help me with a sample code (if any, based on my existing code above) that will help me temporarly fix this?

Kind Regards,
Vladimir Harosa.

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this feature at the moment. Text Wrapping is extremely complex feature. Hopefully, this feature will be supported somewhere in this year. But currently I cannot promise you any exact date. The only way to work the problem around, I can suggest you at the moment, is avoiding using floating shapes.
Best regards,

We are happy to tell you that a very cool and important feature (filed as 7180) is included in the new version of Aspose.Words. Text wrapping around images and shapes when rendering Microsoft Word documents to PDF, XPS and printing is now supported. You can download the latest version from here.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(64)