Office 2003 support

Hello,

I was curious if you could tell me if and when Aspose.Cells will stop supporting Office 2003? I have a client that is still running that version for an application they use and they wanted to figure out when they needed to plan to upgrade.

Thanks,
Jason

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

Well, Aspose.Cells is purely designed to provide support for BIFF8 and later formats. We support Excel native formats supported by MS Excel 97 - 2010 in general including the formats like, XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLTM, SpreadsheetML, CSV, Tab delimited, TXT etc. Also, in the recent version we have supported/enhanced the conversion e.g HTML, PDF, TIFF etc. with other enhancements. Many of our users are still using XLS (Excel 97 - 2003) file format, so how can we stop supporting this. Currently, we have no plans to exclude XLS (Excel 97 - 2003) support.

I think your client can get benefits to use new versions of Aspose.Cells for .NET if he wants. There are several new features included for MS Excel 2007. We have also made enhancements for existing features (MS Excel 97 - 2003). There are some utility features for the users too. e.g Sheet to Image, Chart to Image, Direct conversion of Spreadsheets to PDF (which more efficient and accurate), Print Worksheets, Saving to HTML format etc. Moreover, the formula calculation engine is greatly optimized and the performance of certain processes and tasks in the component is increased surely.

Thanks for your understanding!