Office 2010 document.save as docx and send to a client browser

I have a trial application where the user can download the document they've constructed as a word 2003 (doc), word 2007 (docx) or pdf version.

The document is constructed on the fly and saved as a .doc which works fine. To send it to the browser as a pdf or .docx I open the document and then do a document.save passing it the response to send it out as a either a pdf or docx. The code is as follows:

private void convertDoc(string currentDoc, string currentExtension, string externalName, string reqFormat)
{
Document inDoc = new Document(currentDoc);
Response.Clear();
inDoc.Save(externalName + reqFormat, (reqFormat != ".docx") ? SaveFormat.Pdf : SaveFormat.Docx, SaveType.OpenInApplication, Response);
return;
}

The PDF created is fine, the docx created opens fine in Office 2007, but will not open in Office 2010. I've attached the docx file.

This isn't a huge deal as our client will not be on Office 2010 for a couple of years.

Hi

Thanks for your request. the next version of Aspose.Words, which will come out in week or so, will support loading and saving Word 2010 documents. You will be notified as soon as this feature is available.

Also, please see the following blog:

https://blog.aspose.com/2010/03/27/how-to-represent-ooxml-versions-in-the-aspose-words-api

Best regards.

On a related note, does aspose.slides for Java also support loading and saving Powerpoint 2010 documents?

Does aspose.slides for Java support loading and saving Powerpoint 2010 documents?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I will move this request to Aspose.Slides forum. My colleagues will answer you shortly.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

You will be pleased to listen that Aspose.Slides for Java provides complete support for PPTX presentations and provides partial support for PPT presentations saved in PowerPoint 2010. You may please use the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Java available here. Please use it and feel free to share your issues with us.

Thanks and Regards,