Office for Mac-Os 2k11 crashes after opening a Excel-File created by Aspose.cells

Dear Aspose Support,

for your convenience I attached an zip file containing a winforms test project that demonstrates my issue ( also a screenshot of the exception-message on mac-os). An Excel-File that is only openend and saved with aspose.cells crashes Office for Mac 2011. It contains a pivot table, maybe that is the source of the problem. As this bug renders some features of our application unusable to customers using mac-os it is a very pressing issue. Please address it asap.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Kristoffer Witt

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please also provide us your output xls which is getting crashed on Mac-OS 2k11. It will help us see if there are any broken or invalid records in the generated output xls file.

I have also attached the ouput xls file generated by the following code using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.3.0.1
. Please download and open it at your end and let us know the results.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\test\test.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xls”);

THank you for your quick response.

I tried to open the file in our mac environment. It still does crash the application!

Attached you find the file genereated by my test app.

Regards,
K. Witt

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and providing us the output xls files.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix the issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40875.

Hello Shakeel,

We have just bought a Priority Support License, please handle the still unresolved issue accordingly.

Thank you for your help!

Regards K.Witt

PS:

Do I need to create the same entry in the priority forum as well?

Hi,

I have enhanced the “Priority” of your issue (ID: CELLSNET-40875) accordingly as you have purchased our Priority Support Service now. I have escalated your issue and also asked the concerned developer to sort out your issue. Hopefully we could figure out your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We could open your output file successfully in Office 2008 of Mac OS.

We will look further into this issue and figure it out asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.0.3 and let us know your feedback.

Thank you for your help.

The provided fix seems to correct the issue. The file does no longer crash office for mac 2k11 oo 2k8.

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved now.

Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40875) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.