Old cells version forgots sheet protection properties

Hello

In our old aspose-cells version (4.0), there’s the following bug:
If i open and save a xls with the following code, the properties “format cells” and “format rows” are missing in the new copy. (See attached screenshots)
Workbook wb = new Workbook();
wb.Open(“C:/test.xls”);
wb.Save(“C:/test2.xls”);

If i use the current aspose-version, the error does not appear.

So, in which version this error was fixed?

We used aspose cells and words in a big project, our aspose total license is valid until 11/30/2007.
That means that we are only authorized to use the releases until 4.4.0.
But this release can’t be downloaded because it’s older than one year… see (http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry93225.aspx)

So what to do?

Of course we would use the current aspose-version in a new project, but to replace the whole aspose layer (from 4.0 to current) in that well working project is no option for us.

Thank you

Leo

Hi,

Well, I am afraid there is no option but to upgrade to latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET. I think you need to use the latest version which is more stable, reliable and feature rich component now.

There is no labor involved to upgrade from v4.0 to new v4.8.0 as there is no significant change in the existing apis, you just need to remove the older reference of v4.0 Aspose.Cells.dll and re-add reference to the new Aspose.Cells.dll v4.8.0 in your project.

Thank you.

Hello

Thank you for your post, but you are not answering my question:

> So, in which version this error was fixed?

Please make the version 4.4.0 of Cells downloadable for me, so I’ll test myself if the error is fixed in that version.

Thank you,

Leo

Hi Leo,

Well, I am not sure in which version the protection options are not retrieved fine. By the way, if your license is valid upto 11/30/2007, then you should check whether the issue is resolved or not. Moreover, you should be able to download the version without any issue: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry93225.aspx

Kindly let us know if you are not able to download the version v4.4.0, we will check it soon.

I have also attached the older fix 4.4.0.21 for you that was released in November 29, 2007, could you try it.

Thank you.

Thank you very much,

the release 4.4.0 was not downloadable…

but it works with your attached version 4.4.021

Super support, thank you

Greetings from Switzerland!