OLE links getting corrupt on saving presentation (C# .NET)

Opening and re-saving a .ppt file with Aspose.Slides corrupts OLE links.

Aspose.Slides versions: 18.12 and 19.9

My code:

private static void Main()
    {
        var fullFilePath = Path.GetFullPath(TestFilePath + @"\" + TestFileName);
        using (var fileStream = new FileStream(fullFilePath, FileMode.OpenOrCreate))
        {
            var presentation = new Presentation(fileStream);
            var sourceFormat = presentation.SourceFormat;
            presentation.Save(fullFilePath.Replace(@".ppt", @" (Result).ppt"), GetSaveFormat(sourceFormat));
        }
    }

private static SaveFormat GetSaveFormat(SourceFormat sourceFormat)
    {
        switch (sourceFormat)
        {
            case SourceFormat.Ppt:
                return SaveFormat.Ppt;
            default:
                return SaveFormat.Pptx;
        }
    }

Attached is a small VS 2017 Solution that demonstrates this OLE-link corruption on an example .ppt file.

HERE: AsposePowerPoint.zip - Google Drive

You will have to re-link the child file in the parent file before running the application and experiencing this bug.

After opening and re-saving a .ppt file with an OLE link, the OLE link is changed from:
X:\path to files\child file.xls!... to X:\path to files\parent file.ppt\child file.xls!...

@JohnGrahamLT,

I have worked with the sample file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-41470 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

1 Like

Hello, @mudassir.fayyaz. Anything new on this PPT file harm bug?

Thanks!

@eirens,

I like to inform that this issue will be resolved in 19.11. We will share good news with you soon.

1 Like

That is great news, Adnan Ahmad.

Do you happen to have any idea whatsoever when Aspose.Slides 19.11 will likely be released? Any kind of estimation is better than no estimation, so I appreciate anything you can offer.

19.9 is the latest release, right?

@eirens,

I like to share that at present Aspose.Slides for .NET 19.10 is latest available release and 19.11 will be released by end of November 2019.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-41470) have been fixed in this update.