OLE Object: Word to PDF

Hello,

I want to know if it is possible to keep the embedded files (OLE) from Word to PDF during the conversion ?

If yes, I want that the embedded files can be launched directly in the PDF like the video in page 4 of the uptownstudios-interactive.pdf that I attached.

Currently, I succed at extract the OLE objects from my Word file, save them to my computer, convert my Word into PDF but after that I'm blocked and I don't know how to reintroduce my multimedia file in the PDF to be played directly in it.

Thank you very much for your support.

PS: sorry if I made mistakes, I'm French ...

Gerald.

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Please find in attachments a Word sample with some embedded files.

The idea is to get the same thing as the OLE objects management in Word after the conversion into PDF (e.g. : double clic -> open the document).

Thank you.

Best regards,

Gerald.

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words’ mimics the way the Microsoft Word works; this means that if you convert a Microsoft Word document into PDF using Aspose.Words, the output will appear almost exactly as if it was done by Microsoft Word (please see a couple of PDF documents attached here with this post). If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

So if I understand, we lost the embedded files during the conversion ?

If yes, I know how to extract them and save them but I have some difficulties to reintroduce them into my PDF. In this case I will go to the forum dedicated to the PDF Product Family.

Do you know why, with the Aspose conversion, the OLE icons have a black background ?

Thank you for your answers.

Gerald.

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, you can extract OLE objects from Word document and save them on disk for example for the purpose of later use in PDF. I am moving this thread in Aspose.Pdf forum where you’ll be guided appropriately.
Gerald:
Do you know why, with the Aspose conversion, the OLE icons have a black background ?
I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-11001. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

dgedge03:

If yes, I know how to extract them and save them but I have some difficulties to reintroduce them into my PDF. In this case I will go to the forum dedicated to the PDF Product Family.

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for contacting support.

You may consider visiting the following link for information on Add Attachment to PDF

In case you encounter any issue, please share the resource files so that we can further investigate the issue at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

@dgedge03,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11001) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.9 update.