OMR Checkbox recognition

Hi,

I’m trying to read whether a checkbox has been ticked on an image. I’ve tried the logic in the examples and also tested through the template editor but cannot get it to detect anything.

What’s the best way to detect if a single checkbox has a tick or cross within the box?

Many thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Note that Aspose.OCR allows you to set the Mark Threshold value to determine how leniently or strictly the API will interpret the OMR marks. For more information, open the link Setting Mark Threshold. Access the FillThreshold property of the OmrConfig class and set the threshold value. You have to supply the value ranging from 0 to 1, where 1 correspond to 100%, meaning that all of the pixels in the area must be black for the area to be considered filled.

Please, try the above mentioned solution at your end. In case of issues, be sure to reach us along with sample OMR scanned sheet image and sample code you are using. We will look into it and update you accordingly.

Hi,

That appears to have worked; the problem i had was that i was setting in the template at 0.1 but that wasn’t being used, so when i checked the property at runtime it was was being reset to 0.5999.

I set in the code explicitly and it’s working now.

Many thanks!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for updating us about the status.

It’s good to know that the issue has now been resolved. We are always here to help you.