OmrTemplatEditor for Java

Hello Barbar,

I could downloaded the trial version of OmrTemplateEditor for .Net, but we are working on Java. My question is that, can we use this version of TemplateEditor for generating template file and then use it in our Java code? Or do we need a specific version of TempalteEditor just for Java.

Please guide us.

Regards,

Mansoureh

Hi Mansoureh,

Thank you for considering Aspose APIs.

Please note, I have moved your concerns to Aspose.OCR support forum so that the respective team could review them and share the details accordingly.

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Although I did not get any reply from them. But please guide me in this question. I got OmrTemplateEditor.exe and I wanted to try it. I entered an omr sheet as a template and also a omr filled sheet as an image, and tried to extract data from it, but I got the message that
“The page has no elements”.

Why? we are interested to this product for our company but it seems it does not work properly. For understanding better my question, I will attach the omr sheet I am using.

Please guide me, is it a problem of this OmrTemplateEditor or did I make a mistake here?

Regards,
Mansoureh

Hi Mansoureh,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is to update you that you can use OMR template editor tool to generate the OMR templates. The generated templates can be used with Aspose.OCR for .Net as well as with Aspose.OCR for Java. Furthermore .Net or Java license can be supplied to OMR template editor. Please visit the following link for details:

Setting License for OMR Template Editor

Hope the above information helps. Feel free to contact us in case of any query or comments.

Hi Mansoureh,

Thank you for writing us back.

OMR template is a file having elements in it that maps over the OMR scanned sheet (the scanned image of the fill sheet). Once the OMR template is created you will then provide different scanned sheets and extract values. Please go through the detail provided on the links given below on how to create the OMR template and then extract the data from scanned sheet:

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response really, I downloaded OmrTemplateEditor and did all instructions for saving an image as template. I saved it as template successfully but after that when I import a hand filled paper and use the saved template as the base, the OmrTempalteEditor cannot find any page elements on the input image. I attached the Omr paper sheet I am using as template in my last post. you can use it yourself and you can see the OmrTemplateEditor cannot work in this sense.

Please guide me.
Hi Mansoureh,

You need to create an OMR template using OMR template editor tool. You can create a template by importing an empty OMR scanned sheet into the template editor by using option “Import a scanned image of the template sheet”. Now drop element(s) on the template and define settings of the elements and save the template. Once saved, now you can import a filled scanned OMR sheet image. Now use option “Extract data from current template” to extract data.

We are attaching a sample OMR template along with sample empty OMR template sheet image for your reference. Please try it at your end. Feel free to reach us in case of any query or comments.

Thanks a lot for your response. In fact, our company is willing to buy this product for OMR operations in Java. Please guide us which license version now should we buy ? We checked this below page, but we cannot figure out exactly which versions should we prepare for our needs now. Please guide us.

https://purchase.aspose.com/pricing

Hi Mansoureh,

Thank you for your inquiry.

You can go for Aspose.OCR for Java license in case you are looking for solution in Java. After purchasing the license you will be able to use Aspose.OCR for Java APIs without any limitation. For further inquiry about pricing and licensing, please post in Aspose.Purchase support forum where Aspose.Purchase support team will guide you accordingly.

Hi Mansoureh,

Thank you for sharing sample with us.

We have evaluated the sample at our end. It was found that the sample shared by you is not actually an OMR sheet. Because an OMR sheet contains circles/marks that are then filled by the user. Aspose.OCR will not be able to get answer out of it because the answers are not completely filled to black. There should be some sort of mark to be filled in. Furthermore on the top of the sheet name & date fields are filled by Hand. So Aspose.OCR will not read this part of the sheet either. A sample empty OMR sheet has been attached for your reference. From sample you can have idea how an OMR sheet looks like and how the user will fill in the marks.

Hope the above information helps. Feel free to contact us in case of any query or comments.

Hi Mansoureh,

This is to update you that ability to perform OMR operation directly on PDF document without converting to image is not available. A similar request has already been logged into our system with ID OCRNET-2957. If you want us to perform OMR test, please forward us a filled scanned OMR sheet image.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.