Ongoing issues with embedded images not rendering properly in Mozilla

We previously posted an issue here:
Embedded images not displaying properly when using Mozilla PDF viewer
regarding this and you indicated that it was NO FIX EXPECTED.

Well, we are not the only customers having problems with this. See:

TilingType · Issue #2765 · mozilla/pdf.js · GitHub

We sincerely believe this is an issue with your conversion engine and it is hampering our moving forward with our app. We do NOT want to pursue a different PDF conversion engine, as we have your solution working well for XPS docs and do not wish to support two technologies.

Please re-open this issue with your developers. When we convert the exact same docs using the MS Office system (Save as PDF), they render perfectly in all known PDF viewers, so there must be some issue with your conversion.

Please reply so that we can continue our development efforts with your suite of products.

I am attaching the original samples from my previous post.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The images in your document are represented by DrawingML nodes in Aspose.Words’ DOM. Currently, Aspose.Words renders a DrawingML image to the APS (Aspose Page Specification model) as texture brush and Texture Brush is rendered to the PDF as Tiling Pattern. On the other hand, Microsoft Word renders DrawinML image to the PDF as a simple image object and it does not use tiling pattern.

We will consider providing an option in Aspose.Words’ API to be able to specify whether DrawingML images should be rendered to PDF as simple images or as tiling pattern. I have logged a new feature request in our issue tracking system. The ID of this feature is WORDSNET-8426. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hello. Is there any update to this issue? We really need a resolution as we have no control over how the original Word docs are created, we merely convert them for storage and display.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your inquiry. Good news for you is that the fix to WORDSNET-8426 is currently in review phase and its fix will most likely be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (13.7.0). If everything goes by plan, we are very hopeful to include the fix to your issue in Aspose.Words’ July 2013 release i.e. 13.7.0. However, please note that this estimate is not final at the moment. We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8426) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.