Open a PDF custom template- edit tags and save to file

Hello,

I'm required to receive report templates from clients, and generate mapping reports based on the template's formatting.

Th clients will provide a PDF document that contains a number of tags in text, such as ##MAP##, ##CLIENT_NAME##, ##LEGEND## etc.

I need to be able to open the template, search for those tags, replace them with meaningful data and save the file to a new location.

I'm pretty new with Apose PDF so i was wondering if someone could please give me a push in the right direction. Specifically what classes i should be looking at to achieve my goal.

Regards

Hello Aaron,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for considering Aspose.

We have a component named Aspose.Pdf.Kit which is used to manipulate/edit existing Pdf files. Regarding your requirement, you can use PdfContentEditor.ReplaceText() method to replace the text string in the pdf files. You can search for particular tag and replace it with a specific text. Let me share some thing related to ReplaceText. This is Beta version of ReplaceText. The feature may not be supported well for some PDF files and we may be not able to fix it in short time.

Regarding fetching data from database and populating into Pdf file, I am pleased to inform you that Aspose.Pdf.Kit offers this functionality. For more related information, please visit http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.pdf.kit-for-.net-and-java/interoperate-with-database-net.html