Open pdf freezes thread

Hello,

The attached PDF File causes my application to freeze using Aspose.PDF version 7.0 or later (I tried it using 7.0 and 7.4).

Code:

Aspose.Pdf.Document doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(filePath)

This line of code does not ever complete. The same thing happens with Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileInfo, and possibly other classes but I did not try them.

I realize the PDF file is corrupt, but would expect it to throw an error opening the PDF rather than hang.

Thanks

Doug

Hi Doug,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template file.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-34439. You will be notified via this forum thread regarding any updates.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34439) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.5.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks. The new version does work with the sample PDF that I attached.

However I have run into a similar issue with the latest version with other PDFs.

This time trying to open the PDF causes the entire application to hang or crash (I am processing on multiple threads and one bad PDF on one thread will stop everything).

It appears to be an infinite recursion somewhere causing a stack overflow. Strangely in the latest version, it does not always throw a stack overflow exception but rather freezes all threads. I also tried it in version 7.4, which threw an exception. Since it’s a stack overflow exception I can’t really do anything about it and the program terminates.

I’ve attached a couple sample PDFs with this issue.

Doug

Hi Doug,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template files.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-34541. You will be notified via this forum thread regarding any update.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34541) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.