Open Protected PDF file

Hi,

1. May i know the Aspose.pdf can support .NET Framework v1.14?
2. May I know whether Aspose.pdf can open the protected pdf file in the web application (ASPX)? If yes, can show an example?

Note:
The PDF file is protected with password. The PDF file is show at the portal website. When user click on the PDF file, i want the web application directly open the pdf file without asking the user to enter the password to open the file. The web application will provide the password.
Hope can heard from you…

Thanks.

HL

hockleongtan:
1. May i know the Aspose.pdf can support .NET Framework v1.14?
Hi Hockleongtan,

Thanks for your interest in our API’s.

.NET Framework 1.14 is quite old version and I am afraid we do not support such an old version. However, it’s compatible with .NET Framework 2.0, 3.5, 3.5_ClientProfile, 4.0, 4.0_ClientProfile and 4.5.

hockleongtan:
2. May I know whether Aspose.pdf can open the protected pdf file in the web application (ASPX)? If yes, can show an example?
Aspose.Pdf for .NET is PDF file creation and manipulation API and can open password protected PDF file (provided that you provide the password while opening/loading the source PDF file). i.e.

//
load source password protected PDF file
<o:p></o:p>

Document doc = new Document("c:/pdftest/secure.pdf", "password");

hockleongtan:
Note:
The PDF file is protected with password. The PDF file is show at the portal website. When user click on the PDF file, i want the web application directly open the pdf file without asking the user to enter the password to open the file. The web application will provide the password.
I am afraid Aspose.Pdf for .NET does not support the feature to display PDF files. However you may consider using ViewerApp of our sister company named GroupDocs to accomplish this requirement. In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi,

May i said the solution is to open and assign the PDF file to a document, after that flush/display the document at the web browser?

Thanks.
hockleongtan:
Hi,

May i said the solution is to open and assign the PDF file to a document, after that flush/display the document at the web browser?
Hi Hockleongtan,

From above stated requirement, if you need to open and display the PDF file in web-browser, then I would suggest you to please try using ViewerApp of GroupDocs, as stated earlier. In case I have not properly understood your requirement, please share some details.