Opening a PPTX and Saving it as HTML issues

I am using Aspose.Slides for .NET to export a presentation to HTML and seeing a strange pattern.

If a slide has an image on it, that image replaces any images in the theme for the next slides until another slide image is encountered at which point the pattern repeats with that image and so on.

string sFileName = “test.pptx”;
string sOutputFileName = “testout.html”;

PresentationEx pptObj = new PresentationEx(sFileName);
pptObj.Save(sOutputFileName, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Html);

Hi,

I have observed the requirements shared by you. Can you please share the sample presentation along with the generated output by highlighting the issue incurring. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,
I have attached an example presentation and the output I get.

Thank you for your fast response.

Joe

Mudassir:
Hi,

I have observed the requirements shared by you. Can you please share the sample presentation along with the generated output by highlighting the issue incurring. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi Joe,

I am sorry for the delayed response. I have worked with the presntaiton file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-34025 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified of the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.
Mudassir,

I tried replacing all of the images in these problem presentations, saved with a newer version of Powerpoint and this seemed to work around the Aspose issue as the HTML came out correct.

This appears to be an issue with presentations that were created in older versions (PreECMA-376 OpenXML) and converted to a PPTX file before being brought into Aspose.

So in the meantime is there a way to determine if a presentation loaded with Aspose was created initially with one of these older versions of Powerpoint (98-2003)?

Thanks,

Joe

Mudassir:
Hi Joe,

I am sorry for the delayed response. I have worked with the presntaiton file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-34025 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified of the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for sharing the further information as it might help in resolving the issue.

I like to share that when any old format presentation or presentation generated using Open Office is opened in latest PowerPoint version and saved again, then there is no way to determine that which source version of PowerPoint actually generated presentation. However, Aspose. Slides do recognize the presentation files generated before office 2003 versions and share the exception that such formats are not supported.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

Is there any update on this issue?

Thanks,

Joe

Mudassir:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for sharing the further information as it might help in resolving the issue.

I like to share that when any old format presentation or presentation generated using Open Office is opened in latest PowerPoint version and saved again, then there is no way to determine that which source version of PowerPoint actually generated presentation. However, Aspose. Slides do recognize the presentation files generated before office 2003 versions and share the exception that such formats are not supported.

Many Thanks,

Hi Joe,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue has not yet been scheduled for investigation owing to already pending issue and other paid priority/enterprise support issues. The issue has been added few days back and is still in waiting queue. I will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be scheduled by our development team for investigation.

Many Thanks,
Mudassir,

When you say "Paid Priority" what is it that you mean? I have a developer OEM license.

Thanks,

Joe

Mudassir:
Hi Joe,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue has not yet been scheduled for investigation owing to already pending issue and other paid priority/enterprise support issues. The issue has been added few days back and is still in waiting queue. I will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be scheduled by our development team for investigation.

Many Thanks,

Hi Joe,

The paid support corresponds to enterprise and priority supports. Please visit this link for your reference. Please explore the Support section for your convenience. For further details related to paid support, you may please contact our sales team in Aspose.Purchase forum.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir,

We have recreated this issue with new PPTX Presentations so the issue isn't related to older PPT to PPTX files. Has there been any progress or investigation done for this issue? This is a very important feature for our company's product.

Thanks,

Joe

Mudassir:
Hi Joe,

The paid support corresponds to enterprise and priority supports. Please visit this link for your reference. Please explore the Support section for your convenience. For further details related to paid support, you may please contact our sales team in Aspose.Purchase forum.

Many Thanks,

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your further updates. Can you please share the new PPTX with us along with generated output for further investigation on my end. Secondly, the issue is still awaiting investigation and is still in waiting queue at the moment owing to already pending issues.

Many Thanks,
Mudassir,

The presentation and the HTML files were attached to my prior post. Could you provide any information on what the time frame is for this issue getting looked at?

Thanks,

Joe

Mudassir:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your further updates. Can you please share the new PPTX with us along with generated output for further investigation on my end. Secondly, the issue is still awaiting investigation and is still in waiting queue at the moment owing to already pending issues.

Many Thanks,

Hi Joe,

I have observed the issue shared with new presentation and have updated the issue status as well. Unfortunately, I am unable to share the information at the moment as when it will be selected for observation as the issues in normal support forum are served after priority support issues on first come and first serve basis. However, I have requested our development team to kindly schedule the issue for investigation if there is any vacant slot possibility available on their end. I will be able to share the further information with you as soon as it will be shared by them.

Many Thanks,
Mudassir,

Thank you for the info. Also I have a question about Priority Support. My company owns a Developer OEM License for Aspose Slides for .NET. Are we eligible to upgrade to Priority Support?

Thanks,

Joe

Mudassir:
Hi Joe,

I have observed the issue shared with new presentation and have updated the issue status as well. Unfortunately, I am unable to share the information at the moment as when it will be selected for observation as the issues in normal support forum are served after priority support issues on first come and first serve basis. However, I have requested our development team to kindly schedule the issue for investigation if there is any vacant slot possibility available on their end. I will be able to share the further information with you as soon as it will be shared by them.

Many Thanks,

Hi Joe,

Please visit this thread link for your kind reference to Priority support service. Your inquiry is more related to our sales team and I request you to kindly contact our sales team in Aspose.Purchase forum for further information in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34025) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Thanks for the update and for getting this resolved. I just installed and validated this fix. It appears to work as it should.

Joe
Hi Joe,
That is really appreciable that things working on your end. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.
Many Thanks,