Opening and saving a document

Hi,

I have a word document (attachment word.doc) and when I open the file using Aspose and then save it again the file gets corrupted.

The message: “Word was unable to read this document. It maybe corrupt.” etc.

If I open it using “open and recover” it says it has trouble with the textboxes within the document. I would like to know what the problem is so I can advise my customers on what NOT to use when creating word documents. If textboxes are not supported will they be supported in the future.

Thank you.

Hi,

Yes, the problem seems to be caused by the textboxes because they are not fully supported by the component yet. We are working hard on supporting drawing layer and will surely fix the issues related to it in the future.

We have logged your request however. Thank you.

The attached document no longer crashes MS Word. But still there is a problem (known issue) that you group several textboxes into a single shape.

The net result in the produced document is that all text of the grouped textboxes is rendered in the first textbox of the group. This will be fixed in the future when we rework the processing of Word shapes.

The textbox related issues are fixed in Aspose.Words 4.0. Please download the latest version.

Best regards,