Opening HTML containing nested table

I have an HTML file with a nested table. If I open this HTML file in Excel directly, Excel handles the nested table nicely by merging cells. If I open this file using the Aspose component, the nested table automatically gets placed on new row(s) of the worksheet, and the remainder of the worksheet data is skewed.

I’m wondering if:

1. Aspose could be adjusted to support nested tables. I don’t expect Aspose to handle any crazy bit of HTML we throw at it, but it would be nice if it could open an HTML file and format it as well as Excel itself. Or,

2. Aspose could just ignore HTML content that it can’t handle appropriately. For instance, I could live with Aspose ignoring a nested table altogether. But as it currently stands, a nested table renders a resulting Excel file pretty worthless from a data perspective.

Sample files attached:

nestedtable.html - simple html sample file. (Try opening in browser, and with Excel)
nestedtable.xlxs - Excel file produced after Aspose opens the HTML and saves it

nestedtable.zip (6.9 KB)

@mikebruner,

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46361 - Nested tables in HTML not rendered properly in XLSX

Any update on this? I’ve got problems with nested tables in HTML not rendering and it’s stopping me from purchasing the product.

@vinolent,
This issue is still pending due to diversity and complexity involved in it. It is still under consideration and not resolved yet. We will write back here once any feedback is ready to share.

Hi, is this issue likely to get resolved? I have users awaiting a fix for this. If Aspose is unlikely to address this then I need to investigate some other options to deal with nested tables. Would appreciate an update/assessment of this issue. Thanks.

@mikebruner,

I am afraid, the issue won’t be resolved in short time or in near future. There is no definite ETA for it yet, but we plan to start working over it later on after sometime.