Opening Password Protected OpenOffice Presentation Fails with "Blowfish CFB Is Not Supported"

Hi, I’m using Apose.Slides for Java for removing passwords from Office files. This works fine for Microsoft Powerpoint files (ppt and pptx). But it fails for presentations created with OpenOffice Impress. The error that I’m getting is

com.aspose.slides.exceptions.NotSupportedException: Encryption algorithm ‘Blowfish CFB’ is not supported for decrypting the package part ‘meta.xml’.

My code looks like

InputStream is = new FileInputStream(...)
LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions();
loadOptions.setPassword(pw);
Presentation presentation = new Presentation(is, loadOptions);

Creating the presentation fails with above error.

I successfully processed password protected OpenOffice Calc and Writer files with Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells. I’d be surprised, if OpenOffice would use different encryption algorithms in their products.

Is this a known limitation of Aspose.Slides?

Sample file, password is “password”
sample.zip (8.1 KB)

@spfaff,
Thank you for describing the issue.

Unfortunately, Aspose.Slides cannot open presentations encrypted with the Blowfish algorithm yet. I’ve added a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-39076 to our issue-tracking system. Our development team will consider implementing such a feature. You will be notified when a new release of Aspose.Slides with the feature is published.