Opening password-protected project files

Hi,

Does the Tasks API allow for opening password-protected project files? I do not see any mention of it in the API documentation, and as expected, opening of such a MPP/2003 file fails.

Thanks,
Daniel

Dear Daniel,

This issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as <!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/>
<w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/>
<w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/>
<w:Word11KerningPairs/>
<w:CachedColBalance/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<![endif]–><span style=“font-size: 13.5pt; font-family: “Arial”,“sans-serif”;”>TASKS-27053. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

Hi Ijaz,

Is this issue (TASKS-27053) is fixed or inform me the estimated time to fix this issue. I am using Aspose.Tasks.dll for .net version 3.9.2.0 to read the project file. I need to add support for password protected project files in my application.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi Dhivya,

This issue is not fixed yet and it is not in our nearest plan however we will update you once our developers have a concrete plan about this feature. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

It has been over 8 months since this thread was updated. Can you please confirm when we might be seeing support for password protected documents?

Hi Glyn,

This issue was delayed because our developers were working on MPP write feature. I have asked the developers to analyze this issue and share the ETA. We will share the ETA once our developers analyze this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Glyn,

Completing 'MPP write support' feature is the top priority at the moment due to which 'support for password protected documents' feature has been shifted to Q4' 2012. Please let us know if you need this feature urgently. We can make changes in the plan for show-stopper features.

Best Regards,

Well, of course I’d like the fix as soon as possible! However there is a workaround in place so Q4 will be ok. please don’t let it slip beyond that though.

Hi Glyn,

Thanks a lot for your cooperation. This issue has been added to our Q4 plans and will be fixed accordingly.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-33368) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.