Opening project with subprojects with special characters causes issues

I’m getting a TasksReadingException when trying to call new public Project(Stream stream) on the attached project.
Exception.jpg (86.8 KB)

This project caused issues with another import of ours because it has special characters in some of the subproject file paths, so that might be the cause here as well.
SubProjects.JPG (111.9 KB)

SubprojectsIssue.zip (766.6 KB)

@JamesPike,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

I have observed the issue however need further assistance before logging it into our bug tracking system. Could you please identify the sub-project name in this sample MPP file having special characters which is causing this issue? Also please confirm that if you remove those special characters from the sample MPP project, does it removes the exception or not. If yes please send us that modified project also for our analysis.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

All the subprojects in the screen shot I sent (that start with <>) give the issue. And yes, when I delete those paths the project opens fine. Modified version attached.

Modified.zip (657.8 KB)

@JamesPike,

Thank you for providing sample file and more details. This issue is observed and logged under Id: TASKSNET-2053 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

@JamesPike,

This issue has been fixed in the latest release of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 17.8. Please feel free to write to us in case of any further query in this regard.

Thank. You have confirmed that I am now able to open the project without error.

@JamesPike,

You are welcome and thank you for the feedback.