Opening XLSX files

Hello, I am having a problem opening XLSX files

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

Please try our latest version:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.2.6

If you still find a problem, then please provide us your xlsx file so that we could test and look into it and fix the problem.

It seems to open the file but can not read any data. I have created a simple XLSX2007 file and tried to read that file with no luck. Here's the test code and I have attached the simplified XLSX file. The aspose.cells.jar is dated April 2010. It is included in our product and not easily upgraded. I have tried a version date April 2011 and had similar results.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

workbook.open(conn.conn_string); //conn_string is a File Path

//path: R:\Projects\Services Tools\AFM Connectors\Examples\2011-11-07-Clinic_XLSX_test.xlsx

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.getWorksheets().getSheet(0); //correct identifies the worksheet as "Contacts"

Cells cells = worksheet.getCells();

Cell cell = cells.getCell("A1");

String cellData = cell.getStringValue(); //No value returned

Hi,

Please try the attached version: v7.0.2.6. I have tested with it, it works absolutely fine.

Here is may sample code:

Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("2011-11-07-Clinic_XLSX_test.xlsx");

//path: R:\Projects\Services Tools\AFM Connectors\Examples\2011-11-07-Clinic_XLSX_test.xlsx

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0); //correct identifies the worksheet as "Contacts"

Cells cells = worksheet.getCells();

Cell cell = cells.get("A1");

String cellData = cell.getStringValue(); //No value returned

System.out.println(cellData); //Gives Column 1 -OK

Note: Please also use and set them into class path all the other additional required java libraries needed by the latest version/fix. Additional Java Libraries For V7.0.2 and Later

Is there a fix available for the older versions? The supporting Java Libraries may cause issues with other parts of our product.

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, we cannot fix issues in older versions. The fixes can be included into the latest version of the product. I think you may try some later versions that should be within your reach and you could use them with your existing license if they could fix the issue, not sure though.

Thank you.