Openning a PDF document fails: Cross reference table or cross refference stream not found

I’m using Aspose.Pdf 6.8.0.0 (2012.03.01), .NET 2.0 version.

Opening of the following PDF fails with error: “Cross reference table or cross refference stream not found”.
Adobe Reader 10.1.2 is able to open the PDF in question.

http://share.m-files.com/aspose/Ennakkoperintarekisteriote.pdf

Sample code for reproduction:

string srcFilePath = “Ennakkoperintarekisteriote.pdf”;

Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfA = new Aspose.Pdf.Document( srcFilePath );

Is there a workaround available or do we need to wait for a fix?

Hi Juha,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the sample file.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33510. You will be notified via this forum thread regarding any updates against your issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hello

With Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.9.0 the error has changed. Now the conversion fails with the following error message:

No such interface supported. (Unable to cast object of type '.' to type '.'.)

The file is still the same:

http://share.m-files.com/aspose/Ennakkoperintarekisteriote.pdf

Hi Juha,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

However, your issue was not fixed in our latest release i.e. Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.9. We have fixed the issue and the fix will be a part of our upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.0 (to be release in a few days time.). Please be patient and spare us some time to complete our testing and publishing process. We will notify you via this forum thread once the latest fix is available for download.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33510) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.0.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
Hi,

I'm using Aspose.Pdf 7.0.0.0 and .NET 3.5 version.

In a folder, I have around 1200 pfd files, here we try to take one by one pdf file and add a text(i.e. "Duplicate Copy") on the top of the pdf file.

I am trying this using a scheduler. Every time I run this scheduler, it work for only 258 file and show a error "Cross reference table or cross refference stream not found".
But in you forum it is written that "The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33510) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.0.0.".

This is very urgent, please confirm as soon as posiable.

Hi Kali Charan,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well, the issue reported by the user as PDFNEWNET-33510 was fixed as per the information shared by the user. However, the issue you are facing may be different from that particular issue. Please share your PDF files and sample code to help us reproduce the issue at our end. We will check it and get back to you soon.