OpenOffice subscript and superscript problems converting to HTML or PDF

I am trying to convert OpenOffice documents (ODT, OTT, ODS) to HTML and PDF. My document contains some subscript and superscript text. In the HTML and PDF the text is not rendered properly, there is no subscript or superscript text. I have attached the test files. Each file has basically the same content just a different format.

I am using
Aspose.Words 17.4
Aspose.Cells 17.3

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

We are working on testing the conversion in our environment and will keep you updated with our findings. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your patience.

I have tested the scenario of ODT, ODS and ODS files to PDF and HTML format using latest release of Aspose.Words for Java 17.4.0 and Aspose.Cell for Java 17.4.0 in Eclipse Juno project using JDK 1.6 running over Windows 7 (x64) and I am unable to notice any issue. As per my observations, the resultant files are properly being generated. Please note that when performing this conversion, you need to have all required/referenced fonts installed over system.

For your reference, I have also attached the output generated over my end. In case we are unable to notice the issue, please share some further details and information regarding your working environment i.e. Operating System, JDK version etc. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Java code

// Instantiate Document object
com.aspose.words.Document doc = new com.aspose.words.Document("C:\\pdftest\\OTT.ott");

// Save PDF file
doc.save("C:\\pdftest\\OTT_Converted.pdf", com.aspose.words.SaveFormat.PDF);

//Instantiate Document object
com.aspose.cells.Workbook workbook = new com.aspose.cells.Workbook("C:\\pdftest\\ODS.ods", new com.aspose.cells.LoadOptions(com.aspose.cells.LoadFormat.ODS));

//Save PDF file
workbook.save("C:\\pdftest\\ODS_Cels.pdf", com.aspose.cells.SaveFormat.PDF);
workbook.save("C:\pdftest\ODS_Converted.html", com.aspose.cells.SaveFormat.HTML);

Please take a look at your output files. In the table line 6 the text should be subscript. In line 7 the text should be superscript.

Thanks

Hi Rob,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have again looked over input ODT, ODS and resultant PDF files and for SuperScript and SubScript text, I can see the text is appearing superscript and subscript to whole column in the table cell. For your reference, I have also attached the image files highlighting problem areas. Can you please confirm if you facing similar issue. We need an acknowledgement so that we further investigate the issue accordingly.

Yes, that is what I am referring too. The superscript and subscript text is the wrong size and not aligned in OpenOffice conversions. It does appear correctly in the Microsoft Office conversions.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

• The problem related to ODT and OTT conversion to PDF and HTML format is logged in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-1532.
  • The problem related to ODS file to PDF and HTML is logged as CELLSJAVA-42264.

We will further look into the details of these problems and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

We are pleased to share that the issue reported earlier as CELLSJAVA-42264 is resolved in latest hotfix of Aspose.Cells for Java 17.4.5. Please try using the latest release and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42264) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.5.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

@rridings,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-1532) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.7 update.