OST to PST Conversion - Logging of conversion process?

Hey, the process to convert from OST to PST has been made super simple by you guys. I'm just curious if there is a way to log the process or if it is just a black box.

Hi Jamaal,

Thank you for writing to us.

The implementation details of OST to PST are restricted to development team only and there is no log available in this regard. Could you please share with us what type of information would you required in the log activity and how can it help in adding value to your processes? We may look into providing any such information.

Interesting… well I work for an ESI/Digi Forensics company and I was thinking of writing a simple tool to batch OST->PST conversion. The problem is that I need some sort of logging to verify that everything went smoothly, or list any errors that occured, and maybe list the folders that are in the ost that it is converting. Basic stuff, not super in depth into what’s going on behind the scenes.

Hi Jamaal,

Thank you for elaborating your requirements.

I would request you to spare us a little time so that we can discuss the possible implementation of any such feature with our development team. Once we have information available in this regard, we’ll write back here to update you.

Thanks, I would love to use the library. I just need some inkling of how the conversion is going while it is in process.

Hi Jamaal,

Thank you for being patient.

I have discussed the facility of providing OST to PST logging with our development team, but I am afraid to share that we won’t be able to provide this feature as the internal structures are not listed during the conversion. We appreciate your understanding in this regard and will be glad to assist you further in case you have any further query/inquiry related to Aspose.Email.

Okay. Thanks Kashif!