We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Out of Memory error converting DOCX -> HTML- very small document

Hello! I’m seeing a very repeatable OOM error when attempting to convert the attached docx to html. The document itself is small, consisting mostly of a single chart with a border. Since the stacktrace is obfuscated, I can’t tell much detail about what’s going on. It fails very quickly though.


The code on our end is quite simple:
doc = new AsposeDocument(file.getAbsolutePath)
options = new HtmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.HTML)
doc.save(htmlFile.getAbsolutePath, options)
Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Here’s the stack trace:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at java.util.Hashtable.(Hashtable.java:190)

at java.util.Hashtable.(Hashtable.java:203)

at asposewobfuscated.zzN5.(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzLQ.(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzLR.createContext(Unknown Source)

at sun.java2d.pipe.AlphaPaintPipe.startSequence(AlphaPaintPipe.java:84)

at sun.java2d.pipe.SpanShapeRenderer$Composite.startSequence(SpanShapeRenderer.java:56)

at sun.java2d.pipe.SpanShapeRenderer.renderSpans(SpanShapeRenderer.java:194)

at sun.java2d.pipe.SpanShapeRenderer.draw(SpanShapeRenderer.java:90)

at sun.java2d.pipe.ValidatePipe.draw(ValidatePipe.java:154)

at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.draw(SunGraphics2D.java:2497)

at asposewobfuscated.zzT5.visitPathEnd(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzZU.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzC.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzF.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzC.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzF.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzC.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzF.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzC.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzF.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.zzT5.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.zzZ7N.zzZxk(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.zzZ7N.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ShapeRenderer.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.zzX.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.zzX.zzY(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.zzX.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.zzBJ.zzI(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.zzBJ.visitShapeStart(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.Shape.zzZ(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.CompositeNode.acceptCore(Unknown Source)

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-1318. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Ok great, thanks!


In the meantime, is there some workaround I can use to strip the offending objects from the document before attempting to output to HTML? I’m thinking something along the lines of:

doc.getChildNodes(NodeType.FOOTNOTE, true).clear();

(which was a recommended workaround that I found on another thread).


Thanks!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this issue. Your issue seems to be related to rendering of chart while document to Html conversion. We will inform you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-1318) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-1318) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)