Out of memory error with 13GB PST file with VERY LARGE attachments

I am getting out of memory error when opening and saving all emails and attachments in a 13GB PST file. There are 7,200 emails in one root folder. I am opening the pst and iterating through the folder and saving each message. then saving each attachment, then getting the next email and doing it again. There are large attachments (zip files that are 300Gb each that contain large engineering files.

Will the new version coming in mid february resolve these issues. I also noticed that several of the document types and other objects like excel and others in your library do not implement IDisposable and therefore do not have a way to dispose the resource in such a manner that the .NET garbage collector can efficiently clean them up. Setting objects to Null does not free up memory resources.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

Well, I am afraid that I don’t have any such PST that has messages with such large attachments. However, the MapiMessage class does have the Dipose() method that will certainly help you in this regard. Could you please try calling the MapiMessage.Dispose() method after saving the message and see if it helps you resolve the issue? Please let us know your feedback then.