Out of Memory Exceptions

Hi,

We are having some serious issues while handling large vector based PDF files. For instance, I have a single page PDF, probably with thousands of operators in it. Adobe Reader can open and display it (even though takes about a minute) but when we try to handle this PDF using Aspose.PDF latest version, we constantly get out of memory exceptions.

I accept that document is a large one, but all we need to do is understanding that this PDF is huge in terms of vectors and skip it. Even calling the “COUNT” property of “OperatorCollection” ends up with an out of memory exception.

File size itself is not an indicator; since it might be a scanned PDF with quite larger file size. Number of pages does not mean anything, since a single page is also causing this. All other attributes of pdf file, which might be helpful, are unaccessible because of this out of memory exception.

Please advise a way for us to figure out such documents without memory issues. Otherwise, a single document added to system takes the whole server process down. For instance, finding the number of vectors in the PDF without out of memory exception would be a great helper for us.

I can provide you the sample files, but they are about 20MBs. Let me know how to send those private files to you.

Any quick help is highly appreciated. Our client’s system keeps crashing because of this issue and they are crazy at us now.

Hi Alp,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please share your sample code and source document here, so we will investigate it and guide you accordingly. As your source file is larger than 20MBs, so you may please share it via some free file sharing service e.g. Dropbox, skydrive etc.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,