OutOfMemory exception in Aspose.Pdf.Document.OptimizeResources

Hi

It seems like
there is a memory issue in the Aspose.Pdf.Document.OptimizeResources()
function.

I am working with fairly large PDF documents and I can manage to hit an OutOfMemoryExeption. If I look at the memory in the profiler the memory usage increases rapidly.

I created a solution which can recreate the issue. It contains a c# solution and inside you will also find a PDF dummy file generated from Word (FailingPdf.pdf).

Instructions on how to run it can also be found in the solution.

The document has a size of 12,5 MB but when the function runs it breaks at 1,5 GB mem usage (I am running 32 bit).

I am using Aspose.Pdf version 10.6.0.0.

Do you have any workaround or is this an error?

Best regards

/Anders

Hi Rasmus,

Thanks
for using our API’s.<o:p></o:p>

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem that an exception is being generated when trying to optimize PDF resources. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-39161. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks - we will try to wait with patience… :slight_smile:

/Anders

Hi Nayyer

Any updates on this - has it been scheduled for any upcoming release?

Best regards
/Anders

Hi Rasmus,

Thanks for your patience.

The issue reported earlier is still pending for review and I am afraid the problem is not yet resolved. However I have intimated the team to see if they can accommodate the investigation in their schedule. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

Hi

Any news on this?

From the outside this issues seems to have died a slow and silent death… Or is it still being prioritized by the team?

Best regards
/Anders

Hi Anders,

I am afraid the earlier reported is not yet resolved. However I have intimated the product team to try accommodating it in development schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi Anders,

We are pleased to share that the issue reported earlier is resolved and its fix will be included in upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 16.12.0 which is planned to release in December-2016. However during the issue resolution, we have observed that the file size can not be sufficiently decreased because this document does not have large resource objects (like images or fonts) which could be optimized. Therefore the document size is still 12 Mb after optimization.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-39161) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 16.12.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.