OutOfMemoryException During Calling Presentation.Dispose Method in C#

Hi There,

We are using Slides to merge presentations, the issue is even after using dispose() method, the memory utilized seem to be not coming down.

Our program iterates through presentation files, clone each slide to new presentation document.
Before iterating the loop we dispose the source presentation and continue to load the next one. After the loop the final presentation is saved and this presentation is also disposed using the dispose() method.

When using presentations with 300 – 400 slides; the memory utilization goes up to 2GB+ or more and does not reduce down even after the program has finished executing this process. Eventually on loading the next request of similar sized presentation the application crashes.

We are using the latest version of Aspose.Slides in our project.
.Net 4.6 with 20.3.0.0.

Best Regards,

@madanbasil,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please share the working sample project along with memory statistics snapshots with us. We will be able to proceed further with investigation on our end on provision of requested information.

Hi Mudassir,

I have mailed you the source files for your review. Along with the said issue, we noticed another issue which is alignment going off for a particular slide.

Best Regards,
Madan

@madanbasil,

Can you please share where you have mailed me the files? I have not received them. You can share files with my privately using private message as well by clicking on my name icon and using Message option.

Hi Mudassir,

I have shared the sources with you, hope you have received it.

-M

@madanbasil,

Thank you for sharing the details. We are investigating the issue and will get back to you with feedback as soon as possible.

@madanbasil,

I have observed the issue shared by you and have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-41869 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be resolved.

Hello,

Any update on this.

@madanbasil,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that at present the issue is not resolved. We request for your patience and will share updates with you as soon as issue will be fixed.

@madanbasil

Would it be possible for you to set up large presentation merges into the queue and process them one-by-one, or in a pool of several instances, depending on available memory?