OutOfMemoryException error on Aspose.Words.Fields.FieldFormat function

Hi we are using Aspose Word 17.5 to merge Word document with region.

If the region table contains a field with numeric format, we have this error :

(Exception of type ‘System.OutOfMemoryException’ was thrown.) --> at System.Text.StringBuilder.ExpandByABlock(Int32 minBlockCharCount)
at System.Text.StringBuilder.Append(Char value, Int32 repeatCount)
at System.Text.StringBuilder.Append(Char value)
at ?. (String )
at .? ?(String , Boolean , Boolean )
at Aspose.Words.Fields.FieldFormat.(? , String& )
at Aspose.Words.Fields.FieldFormat.(? , String& )
at ? .()
at ? .? ?()
at ? .(Field )
at ? . (? )
at ? .(? )
at ? .(? )
at ? .(? )
at ? .( ? , ? )
at ? .(ArrayList )
at ? .(ArrayList , ? )
at ? . ()
at ? . ()
at ? . ? ?( ? )
at ? .( ? )
at ? .( ? , ? )
at ? .(ArrayList )
at ? .(ArrayList , ? )
at ? . ()
at Aspose.Words.MailMerging.MailMerge.( ? )

The field is of this type : {<span style=“font-family: “Arial Narrow”, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt;”>MERGEFIELD a92f26da0_d4ea_4a98_857f_982614aa43c3 “(Taux
TVA article)” # “# ##0,00” }
This error exists only on one server. We are testing with Aspose Word 17.4 and 16.11 with the same error.
There is no error if the format (# “##0,00”) is not specified.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Hi Roux,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document(s)
  • Please attach your expected documents here for our reference. We will investigate the structure of your expected documents as to how you want your final outputs be generated like. You can create expected documents by using Microsoft Word.
  • Please create a standalone simplified console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce your specific problems on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we’ll start further investigation into your issue and provide you more information accordingly. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response.

I’m sorry but my problem exists only on one server on an IIS application.
I did a console application with the same input Word document and the same source but I did not reproduce the error.
You will find a console application as an attachment but it is working properly on the server in question.
On the problematic server, the OSversion and Version variables of the IIS application are respectively 6.3.9600.0 and 4.0.30319.42000.
I have tested on 3 servers with the same copy of site and data but this does not only work on a server.

I have no other ideas to help you.

Bests regards

Hi Roux,

Thanks for your feedback. We have tested your shared project at our end and we are unable to notice the reported issue. It seems there is some setting difference on the server causing the issue. Please share locale setting of that server, we will further investigate the issue. Furthermore, you may also double check the setting difference of that server and other servers.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,