Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Overflow text field and the layout of its borders

I made a box with text field borders on a detail band since my client doesn’t like lines on top of a table in MSWord.

• Text field 2 can contain much text so I chose the overflow option.
  • Only text field 2 appears on the overflow page.
  • Therefore the borders have a U shape on the overflow page.
  • To fix this I switched the top border of text field 2 on.
  • As a consequence a line appears between text field 1 and text field 2 on the detail the original page.
Is there a possibility to make the top border on text field 2 conditional on overflow ?

Hi

Thanks for your request and sorry for very delayed response, I must missed the post. Could you please attach your .jrprint file here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
I generated a .jrprint file with
JasperFillManager.fillReportToFile(report, “exampleBorderTextField.jrprint”, hm, connection);
Please let me know, if this is not the format that you require.

At the bottom of the first page is a thin solid horizontal line between Project and Description.
This line is present since I needed to have a closed box around the Description overflow “would automate…” on the second page. I would like a possibility to remove the horizontal line between Project and Description without getting an open box on the overflow page.

Best regards.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I logged the issue in our defect database. The developers responsible for Aspose.Words for Jasper Reports will take a look at the issue shortly.

Best regards,