Overlapping text boxes in the header

Hi,

When using Aspose Words and Aspose PDF to convert the attached doc to pdf the text box enclosing the leaf always overlaps the text even if I send the picture to the back (ideally it wouldn’t matter about object order in this case anyway). This is a sample from a customer and while there are simple workarounds for the moment we wouldn’t want to have to apply them to many document templates containing merge fields at several thousand sites.

Thanks,

Guy.

I found the Zindex attribute is not set in the Xml so I move this thread to Aspose.Words forum.

Hello!
Thank you for your inquiry.
I am Viktor, the developer from Aspose.Words Team responsible for integration with Aspose.Pdf.
From my expertise this issue can be solved using ZIndex attribute but we also need minor changes in Aspose.Pdf. I’ll explain the details.
Most probably Tommy means that we should output Zindex attribute right on the image. When I add it manually this solves the problem. But the image has no its own Z-order in the document model because it is not top-level. And this works only by coincidence.
Two overlapping objects, text and image, belong to different floating text boxes. These text boxes have identical formatting but the one containing text should overlap another because it has higher Z-order. Text box with image has “default” Z-order usually treated as zero. When I tried outputting Zindex for text boxes Aspose.Pdf seemingly ignores it. I’m attaching the XML with changes.
Tommy, please check the attachment and state whether you can properly handle this case. Next I’ll need more investigation and regression testing on the base since such kind of changes usually brings regression surprises.
Regards,

Hi,

I am a developer of Aspose.Pdf Team.
After consultation with Aspose.Words Team, we plan to support text boxes’ ZIndex setting to resolve the problem. It has been logged as PDFNET-4903 in our defect tracking system. We will try our best to resolve it as soon as possible. Thanks.

Best regards.

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll keep an eye out for this fix.

Guy.

Hello!
Thank you for your patience. I logged this issue on Aspose.Words side as follows:
#4910 – Output Z-order for text boxes in PDF
We’ll implement our part and provide necessary testing after PDFNET-4903 is fixed.
Have a nice day,

Hi,

We have fixe PDFNET-4903. We will give you an update after some testing on both Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Words sides. Thanks.

Best regards.

Hello!
Issue #4910 has been fixed in the current codebase. The changes will be available with the next hotfix (1-2 weeks).
Regards,

Hi,

Now ZIndex setting is supported for text box in Aspose.Pdf. I have attached the dll. Let us waiting for Aspose.Words’ fix to resolve your problem. Thanks.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4910) have been fixed in this update.