Overline text lost on output to pdf

We are using Total to process word documents and output them to pdf.
When doing this, we find that text with overstrike (created with EQ \x \to(text)) does not make it to the output pdf. I am attaching a test docx file.
The code I use is:

Protected Sub createInstGuide(ByVal sLesson As String, ByVal sLessonPath As String, ByVal sPartPath As String)
    Dim oStream As Stream
    Dim sSourceFile As String
    Dim sGuidePath As String
    Dim oWord As Document
    sSourceFile = sPartPath + "SourceFiles\" + sLessonPath + sLesson + ".docx"
    oStream = File.OpenRead(sSourceFile)
    oWord = New Document(oStream)
    sGuidePath = sPartPath + "InstructorFiles\" + sLessonPath + sLesson + "_IG.pdf"
    saveDocToPdf(oWord, sGuidePath)
    oStream.Close()
End Sub

Protected Sub saveDocToPdf(ByRef oWord As Document, ByVal sFile As String)
    Dim oSaveOptions As New Saving.PdfSaveOptions
    oWord.Save(sFile, oSaveOptions)
End Sub

This is the first problem we have had. Hope you can help with a solution. (I just uploaded the most recent Total package hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn’t).

Hi
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Alexey,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have in the past seen issue numbers given for an issue like this. You mentioned it being linked to the appropriate issue. Does that mean that there was an existing issue with a number?
Or (we are hoping) is this an issue that will be resolved soon?
Do you have a guess on time frame? If it will be awhile, we would go look for another solution. If we have to do another solution, do you know of another way to put an overline in Word that will be preserved in the pdf file?
Thanks for your help.

Hi Brad,
Thanks for your request. Yes, you request has been linked to an existing issue in our defect database. But, unfortunately, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue at the moment.
You can try inserting a line shape over the text. Such shape should be rendered fine in PDF.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1673) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)