We are using Aspose.words plugin compatible for JDK 1.6 to convert word documents into PDF format. The major issue we are facing is the converted PDF document is inconsistent in total number of pages. Also on some linux environments we deployed the page count after conversion is very high and the PDF document has different font when compared to PDF documents converted in other environments. Can anyone provide solution/suggestion to resolve this issue.
I am attaching the converted PDF document for reference (The PDF has 11 Pages but the word document used for conversion has only 9 pages).
Elayaperumaleasychair_out.pdf (1023.6 KB)
The PDF you attached was actually generated by using Aspose.Words for Java 18.3. We suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 18.5 and see how it goes on your end? Hope, this helps.
In case the problem still remains, please also ZIP and upload your corresponding input Word document here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.
I just tested in Windows environment the conversion is working fine with recent version. Let me check the Linux environment tomorrow where we are getting unusual results. Will update you with required documents in case we face any issues.
Thank you so much for your timely help much appreciated.
Also currently we are using the trial version of Aspose.Words with temporary license to test the conversion of Word into PDF. We are in plan to buy the Developer OEM license for this product. During this license period, Can we get alerts for the new version releases along with release notes?
Sure, in case you have any problems, please ZIP and upload your input Word document here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.
I am afraid, this feature is currently not available. To expedite the development of such feature, please post a query in Aspose.Request forum.
Thanks again for your support. We tried the Word to PDF conversion with the new version of Aspose.Words. Now the page count is consistent across the environments. This issue is resolved.
It is great that the latest version of Aspose.Words resolves this issue on your end.
In case you have any further inquiries or need any help, please feel free to contact us.
We are facing this same issue again in one of our Linux environment, Even with the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 18.5. Can you please provide the root cause why this issue is happening?
Also we need to know, Are we need to have any specific set fonts to be installed on the server machine to make it working properly?
As we are using this component in multiple production servers. Please provide us an update as soon as possible.
Please check the following articles:
How to Receive Notification of Missing Fonts and Font Substitution during Rendering
True Type Fonts
In case the problem still remains, please ZIP and upload your input Word document and Font files used inside that Word document here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.
Form your suggested solution, It looks like we need to make code changes to find what is missing in the target machine. But as it is a production server we cannot deploy the code changes easily. Can you provide which true type fonts we need to install in the production server. The word documents we are using for conversion are having fonts, TimesNewRoman or Arial. This issue is happening across all the word documents we used in this environment.
Attached are the list of fonts installed in the Linux environment where we are facing this issue. Please let us know if we are missing anything.
Elayaperumalfonts.pdf (202.7 KB)
Font usage depends upon documents. You need to install those Fonts which are used in your Word document.
Sometimes Font files have different versions. You can simply try copying Font files from Windows machine to your Linux based machine.
It might also be a different problem than Fonts. As requested earlier, please ZIP and upload your sample input Word document and Font files used inside that Word document here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.