Page number incorrect when saving to DOCX

Hello,

I have attached a simple RTF file that has two sections. The first section has no page numbers. The second section has page numbers which start at 1. If I save the RTF to PDF using Aspose 14.4, then the page numbering is correct (the second page has a “1” for the page number). However, if I save to DOCX, it is not correct (the second page has a “2” for the page number).

It seems like when saving to DOCX, Aspose.Words does not remember the “Page Numbering Start At” value.

Please confirm you can reproduce this. Are there any work-arounds that you know of before a fix is issued?

Thanks,

Jake

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10095. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello,

The work-around that we are using, in case anyone else is having this problem, is:
1. Set a bookmark on the page where you want to start the numbering. Call it FirstPageForNumbering or whatever you like.
2. For that section, instead of using { PAGE } as the field that yields the page number, use { = { PAGE } - { PAGEREF FirstPageForNumbering } + 1 }

This will give you the desired displayed page number regardless if you are saving to PDF or DOCX. If you want to restart numbering in another section of your document, you can just add a new bookmark and repeat. You can also change the “+ 1” to whatever you want if you want to start the numbering for that section to some value besides 1.

The problem with this work-around is that it can be error prone and more difficult to maintain your documents. Also, a lot of people aren’t hip to manipulating Word fields. Our clients are looking forward to the fix.

Thanks,

Jake

Hi Jake,

Thanks for sharing the workaround of this issue. We always appreciate positive feedback from our customers.

We will update you via this forum thread once your issue is resolved. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Hello,

I just wanted to check in on the status of this issue. Has it been scheduled yet? The link above to the issue (WORDSNET-10095) requires some login that I don’t have.

Thanks,

Jake

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have verified the status of your issue from our issue tracking system and like to share with you that this issue is under analysis phase. I am afraid, I can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Jake,

I have received response from our development team about the ETA of your issue (WORDSNET-10095). Hopefully, the fix of your issue will be available in Aspose.Words’ June 2014 release i.e. 14.6.0. Please note that this
estimate is not final at the moment; I will be sure to inform you via
this forum thread as soon as this issue is resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10095) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.