PageInfo and PageRect are returning completely different dimensions for the same PDF

I am trying to decorate the attached PDF using Aspose.PDF 23.2, although when I add a rectangle to it, I get an OutOfMemory error (after a long time). Previously I was able to draw FloatingBoxes using the pageRect dimensions:

var doc = new Document("demo.pdf");
var page = doc.getPages().get_Item(1);
page.getPageInfo().setMargin(new MarginInfo(0,0,0,0));
var pageRect = page.getPageRect(true);

var graph = new Graph((float) pageRect.getWidth(), (float) pageRect.getHeight());
graph.setTop(0);
graph.setLeft(0);
var rectangle = new Rectangle(791, 545, 50, 50);
rectangle.getGraphInfo().setFillColor(Color.getRed());
graph.getShapes().add(rectangle);
page.getParagraphs().add(graph);
doc.save("test.pdf");

Checking the page dimensions, I observed that PageInfo is bringing coordinates as if the document was rotated, apart from the decimals difference:

• 841.680000 x 595.440000
  • 595.000000 x 842.000000

If I create the Graph using the PageInfo coordinates, the OutOfMemory error do not occur, but then the rectangle is not drawn into the right place.

If I set PageInfo dimensions based on PageRect dimensions, the error goes away and the rectangle appears in the right positions.

Questions are:

1. Is setting PageInfo with/height a valid work around? How does it impact the document itself?
  2. Why do we have such dimension difference if PageInfo returns false for Landscape and Page returns 0 for the rotation?demo.pdf (28.8 KB)

@samuelmartinucci,

I ran your code and after 5 minutes I just stopped it. It looks like a memory loop.

I will be creating a ticket for the dev team.

@samuelmartinucci
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-53942

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-53942) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.7.