Paragraph type 'slogan' incorrectly positioned

We are implementing a feature in our application where a user can use a docx file to create a new ‘page’ .

To achieve this, we are using Aspose.Words.Document.Save to convert the docx file to html.

One of our testing documents contains the text ‘Confidential’ in the footer of the page. The paragraph style is ‘Slogan’. When I do a convert to HTML, this text is incorrectly placed above other text in the document.

This appears to be a bug in Aspose Words. Can it be addressed?

I have attached our test document for your reference.

Thanks

memo.zip (15.2 KB)

@dominicOpenRoad,

We have converted (Save As) your Word document to HTML format (see HTML-by-ms-word-2016.zip (3.5 KB)) by using MS Word 2016 on our end. Is this HTML output produced by MS Word acceptable to you?

Hi,

I am looking for way to do the conversion programatically using Aspose.Words in .Net

Thanks

@dominicOpenRoad,

Yes, I understand. The current HTML output (see HTML-by-aspose.words-18.7.zip (2.8 KB)) produced by Aspose.Words 18.7 is different than the output produced by MS Word 2016. MS Word 2016 produces a better HTML output. If you say that MS Word 2016 generated HTML is acceptable for you then we can fix this issue in Aspose.Words to mimic the behavior of MS Word 2016.

Ok, yes the output from MS Word 2016 is correct. If Aspose.Words can be fixed to mimic this behaviour that would be great.

Thanks

@dominicOpenRoad,

For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17264. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@dominicOpenRoad,

Regarding the problem with the “Confidential” text, we do not think it is a bug. The text is located not in the footer but in a text frame vertically aligned to the bottom of the page. Since HTML is a non-paginated format, neither Aspose.Words nor MS Word can preserve alignment of the text frame on export. In SampleWithMoreText.zip (39.2 KB), we have attached modified documents that were exported with ExportHeadersFootersMode.FirstPageHeaderFooterPerSection. These documents demonstrate that the footer with page numbers is exported correctly below all text while the text frame with the word “Confidential” is placed in the middle of other text both by Aspose.Words and by MS Word.

In order to work around this issue, please move the text “Confidential” in the footer of the document. Hope, this helps.