Parser Error Message: The format of the file 'Aspose.BarCode' is invalid

I dont know how this error happened no changes have been made. Please help - Dan

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The format of the file 'Aspose.BarCode' is invalid.

Source Error:

Line 4:  <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web" %>
Line 5:  <%@ Import Namespace="aspose.barcode"%>
Line 6:  <%@ Register Assembly="Aspose.BarCode" Namespace="Aspose.BarCode.Web.UI" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
Line 7:  
Line 8:  

Source File: D:\Gunnallen.net\operations\BarCode\GenerateCode_4BCode.aspx Line: 6

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Aspose.BarCode' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Aspose.BarCode
 (Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Gunnallen.net
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: Aspose.BarCode
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/c39db473/f743ae26/Aspose.BarCode.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/c39db473/f743ae26/Aspose.BarCode/Aspose.BarCode.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Gunnallen.net/bin/Aspose.BarCode.DLL.

The only change we are aware is that

Microsoft Service Pack 2 was applied that night

This is the line on the aspx that is erroring out

<%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true" Strict="False" Explicit="True" Buffer="True" EnableSessionState="ReadOnly" EnableViewState="True" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing.Imaging" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Web" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="aspose.barcode"%>
<%@ Register Assembly="Aspose.BarCode" Namespace="Aspose.BarCode.Web.UI" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

hello gafit,

Please check and confirm if the dll version is suitable for the .net version, it seems the Aspose.BarCode.dll is the .NET2.0 build but the .NET1.1 is required. May be you should try to upload the dll to the server again or configure the virtual directory to use .NET2.0.

Just to confirm, I have the files in the web server and I have the 2 folders Net 1.x and Net 2.0. I have an aspx page and I am not sure when you say upload since it is already on the server and my aspx is just interhiting the namespace, but I dont see where to change to point to the Net 1.x

Hi,

Please try to copy the .net 1.x version of Aspose.BarCode.dll to the D:/Gunnallen.net/bin/ folder and try again.

I have resolved the issue I had, the service pack apparently corrupted the aspose.barcode.dll and I had to pull a new version of it from my net 1.X folder and use regasm to unregister and register the dll.

After that it worked. RESOLVED

Thanks for your updates. We really appreciate that.

Best regards.