Parsing the Outlook email with email file as attachmment

Parsing the Outlook Message (.msg) file, if the email file has email as an attachment, the attachment email file have null value for Binary data.Attachment.PNG (24.6 KB), because of this we are not able to save the email attachment file.

We are using this class for extracting the outlook email :-
“var message = MapiMessage.FromStream(InputStream);”

Can you please help us for getting the email attachment from the email file while parsing?

@skarlsen

In order to investigate the issue further on our end, we will need to have the source file and used sample code reproducing the issue on your end. Please also try using the latest available version on your end before sharing further information with us.

EmailParser.zip (464.6 KB)
We are using the same piece of code to parse the email file and get attachment as null if the attachment is of email type.

@skarlsen

I have used your sample project and when I try to access attachments, I can see 3 attachments of MS Words file. Can you please explain the issue so that I may investigate in that direction.
image.png (447.7 KB)

You can try with this email Email Attachment .zip (17.2 KB)

We get the binarydata null. See the below image
EmailAttachment.PNG (7.7 KB)

@skarlsen

I have been able to reproduce the issue using new MSG file. A ticket with ID EMAILNET-40140 has been created to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will bee fixed.

image.png (467.1 KB)

Was about to buy the full suite, when I noticed this error too.
However in my sample code, I can’t even list the .msg file which is attached in the .msg file

Code -

//Instantiate an MSG file to load an MSG file from disk
           MapiMessage msg = MapiMessage.FromFile(msg);

// Get attachments
           foreach (MapiAttachment att in msg.Attachments)
           {
           Console.WriteLine(att.LongFileName);
           }

@extDanny

I request you to please share your MSG file having issue with us. We will investigate that further on our end to help you out.

MSGFile.zip (584.8 KB)

Hello @mudassir.fayyaz
Please find the attached msg file, that I do have some issues with.

@extDanny

Can you please explain the issue incurring on your end.

In the attached msg file, I only see the .xlsx file when extracting using the code from #7 .
Not the msg that is there also.

Im using the latetst version and have also tried some older versions.

@extDanny

I can only load XLSX attachment where as other one is missing. A ticket with ID EMAILNET-40156 has been created to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

@mudassir.fayyaz

Thank you, is it possible to ‘escalate’ this issue through the ‘paid’ support?

@extDanny

Yes this is possible provided you have subscribed to paid support helpdesk. You can escalate the issue by sharing the thread and issue ID in paid support helpdesk to expedite the issue investigation.