Parts of shapes (such as connections / texts) are missing on a grouped shape when exporting this shape to a svg-file

Dear support,

I’m using the Aspose.Diagram for .NET version 24.8.0

I would like to mention that the grouping is working perfectly for what I would like to achieve (removing the ‘whitespace’ of the page). However, I noticed some issues with grouping all the shapes to a ‘groupshape’ and exporting this shape to a svg file.

The following C#-code is used:

using (Diagram diagram = new(vsdFileName, LoadFileFormat.Vsd))
{
   SVGSaveOptions svgSaveOptions = new()
   {
      ExportHiddenPage = false,
      SVGFitToViewPort = true,
      SaveFormat = SaveFileFormat.Svg
   };

foreach (Page page in diagram.Pages)
   {
      svgSaveOptions.PageIndex = GetIndexOfPage(page);        
      string svgFileName = $"page_{page.ID}.svg";
      string svgPath = Path.Combine(_DestinationFolder, svgFileName);

// Remove the 'whitespace'
      List<Shape> shapesForGroup = new();
      foreach (Shape shape in page.Shapes)
      {
         shapesForGroup.Add(shape);
      }

Shape groupShape = page.Shapes.Group(shapesForGroup.ToArray());
      groupShape.ToSvg(svgPath, svgSaveOptions);
   }
 }

Hereby the issues we encountered:

• In somes cases connections are not completely drawn (see pictures ‘Handling debtors.png’ for an example)
  • In some cases the shape texts are not completely drawn (see pictures ‘8 chart types on a topic.png’ for an example)

Can you have a look on these issues, please?
I have added the vsd-files as ‘vsds.zip’.

I think the size of the ‘groupshape’ isn’t large enough in all cases, which causes missing texts or connections of the all the shapes when exporting this ‘groupshape’ to a svg-file.

Handling debtors.png (47.6 KB)
Handling debtors in Visio.png (15.2 KB)
8 chart types on a topic.png (47.0 KB)
8 chart types on a topic in Visio.png (24.3 KB)
vsds.zip (94.3 KB)
Composite in Visio.png (12.0 KB)
Composite.png (5.6 KB)
Composite.zip (1.4 MB)

With kind regards,

Thierry

@tkn1967
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): DIAGRAMNET-53516

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi Philip,

Thank you for handling this issue.

I would like to mention that shape texts can also be positioned to the Left, Right or Above the shape. So not only Under the shape.

The same is for the connections to a shape which can come from all directions.

Kind regards,

Thierry

@tkn1967
Thank you for additional information.
Yes, we will consider the situations you mentioned.
Thanks.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-53516) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by philip.zhou

Hi Philip,

Thank you for the update.

The mentioned scenarios are fixed, where is great!

Unfortunately, I have found another scenario where a part of the text on a shape is missing.

In the ‘Composite’-page of the Visio-drawing the text ‘New Location 2’ is trimmed of.

I have added the pictures and vsd-file:
Composite in Visio.png (12.0 KB)
Composite.png (5.6 KB)
Composite.zip (1.4 MB)

Could you investigate this issue too?

Kind regards,

Thierry

@tkn1967
Thanks for the template file and screenshots.

We reproduced the problems you mentioned by grouping the shapes in page “Composite” to svg except the top shape “Composite”.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): DIAGRAMNET-53550

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-53550) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by philip.zhou

1 Like

Hi Philip,

I have updated the Aspose.Diagram package to the latest version 24.10 and noticed that the mentioned issues are fixed, which is great! Thank you for this.

Unfortunately, we have found some new scenarios where the texts of the shapes are missing on the grouped shape.

I have added the templates as zipfiles and also the pictures (as pngs) what is missing.

ArchiMate Model 3.1 (Application).vsd.zip (399.8 KB)

ArchiMate Model 3.1 (Relationships).png (7.0 KB) ==> ‘New Junction 2’ text is not completely showed

ArchiMate Model 3.1 (Relationships).vsd.zip (362.0 KB)

ArchiMate Model 3.1 (Application).png (38.7 KB) ==> ‘New Application Interface’ text not completely showed

Could you have a look on these issues, please?

I am looking forward to your response.

Kind Regards,

Thierry Knijff

@tkn1967
Thanks for the template file and screenshots.
We reproduced the problems you mentioned using 24.10.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Issue ID(s): DIAGRAMNET-53579