Pass custom parameters to the PDF and open a particular page or TOC section

I'm generating pdf using aspose tool.

For example My PDF file 10 pages. When I open a link (which points to this PDF) it should open this PDF and show the page 6 by default.

When I open another (which points to the same PDF), it should open the same PDF and show page 9.

How can i pass custom parameters to the PDF and open a particular page or TOC section.

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Manipulating List of Contents - Aspose.Pdf for .NET

Hi,

I’m generating the PDF file using aspose. My PDF file has Table of Content (TOC) sections.
So when the user clicks on a link from my page, i should open that PDF and focus on a corresopnding section. So is there any way of passing some values to the PDF file so that it opens up the PDF document and stops (focus) at the particular section.

I’m not sure whether can we do it or not? But this is the requirement.

Hello Suresh,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please share some details on how you are generating your PDF document ?

Do you need to generate TOC in a the PDF document while its being created or you need to provide the target section information inside TOC over an existing PDF document ?

If you are using Aspose.Pdf to generate the PDF document, then I am pleased to inform you that the required feature can be accomplished. Please visit the following link for more information on Manipulating List of Contents

In case I have not properly understood your requirements or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

I'm generating pdf using aspose tool.

For example My PDF file 10 pages. When I open a link (which points to this PDF) it should open this PDF and show the page 6 by default.

When I open another (which points to the same PDF), it should open the same PDF and show page 9.

How can i pass custom parameters to the PDF and open a particular page or TOC section.

Continuation to thread #245106

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

In case you are using Aspose.Pdf to generate the PDF document, then you can easily provide a hyperlink to a specific page of any particular document. So every time you select a hyperlink, the specific page of target PDF will be displayed. For more related information, please visit Hyperlinks to Pages in another PDF Document

In case I have not properly understood your requirements or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.