Password for open / modify

Hello;
I understand I can protect the document using Document.Protect, but Word also offers a different protection. In Word Document.SaveAs you can specify an OpenPassword and ModifyPassword, is this possible with ASPOSE.Words?

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. You can set password for document unprotect. You can do the same in word (File menu/ Save as/ Tools/ Security options/ Click button “Protect” / Select protection type and click “Yes, Start Enforcing Protection”, then enter the password.)
See the following link to learn more.
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/protect-or-encrypt-a-document/
Unfortunately you can’t specify an OpenPassword and ModifyPassword using Aspose.Words. I logged this as feature request (#5407) in our defect database.
Best regards.

What you are talking about is document encryption. Aspose.Words at the moment cannot encrypt documents, it can only apply document protection. It is interesting to note that Aspose.Words supports loading encrypted documents. I cannot promise timeline for document encryption in Aspose.Words at this stage. Sometime in 2009 probably.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1724) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)