Password-protected Excel file is getting corrupted after opening and saving back with Aspose.Cells

Hello dear Aspose team,

Recently we’ve encountered an issue where one of our password-protected files was getting corrupted upon opening and saving the file with Aspose.Cells.
We removed all the data and all the sheets from the original file and the issue is still happening, so we decided to report the issue to you.

Sample project - AsposeCellsFileHarm.zip

Sample file - Sample File.xlsx

Sample file password - aspose

After opening and saving the file with Aspose.Cells the Excel starts to report this file as corrupted.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 180024.png (16.8 KB)

Screenshot 2024-03-13 180021.png (25.1 KB)

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Best, Vahe.

@vahem,

Thanks for the template Excel file, screenshots and sample project.

After an initial testing, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your template Excel file and code snippet. I found that password-protected Excel file is getting corrupted after opening and saving back with Aspose.Cells.

We require thorough evaluation of the issue. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-55305

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

@vahem
There is a SmartArt(Diagram 3) in the hidden worksheet “Summary” and one shape in SmartArt is filled by “image1.PNG”. We mistakenly treated “.PNG” and “.png” as two file formats. We will fix it soon.

Thanks for the update, Simon. We will wait for the fix.

@vahem,

We will keep you posted with updates on it. Once we figure it out, we will notify you.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-55305) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

1 Like