PCL to PDF conversion Column width

Hi,

I managed to convert a PCL to PDF file. My issue now is that the columns don’t extend the whole page. It looks like while the page is in landscape mode, the text is in portrait mode. I tried to change the columns width after binding the PCL and I tried to set the document page layout with the DOM approach. Both are not working for me.

Can you explain me how the change column width / spacing and fonts after converting PCL to PDF?
Thanks in advance!

Here’s the code I’m using… I attached a converted PCL to PDF file where you can see the issue.

String dataDir = “C:\Mendix\TGKapp-main\deployment\data\tmp\”;
String inputFile = “DJB.R41GN1.SE.PCL5C”;

// APPRAOCH 1 - DOM
// Instantiate LoadOption object using PCL load option
PclLoadOptions loadoptions = new PclLoadOptions();
// Create Document object
Document doc = new Document(dataDir + inputFile, loadoptions);
// Save the resultant PDF document
doc.save(dataDir + “test1-converted.pdf”);

// APPRAOCH 2 - BINDPCL
// Instantiate PDF object
Pdf pdf1 = new Pdf();
// bind the source PCL file with Pdf object
pdf1.bindPCL(dataDir + inputFile);

Sections sections = pdf1.getSections();
Section section0 = sections.get_Item(0);
Section section1 = sections.get_Item(1);
//Set the widths of the columns
section0.getColumnInfo().setColumnWidths(“250 150”);
section1.getColumnInfo().setColumnWidths(“250 150”);
section0.getColumnInfo().setColumnSpacing(“150”);
section1.getColumnInfo().setColumnSpacing(“150”);
FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(new File(dataDir + “test1-converted.pdf”));
pdf1.save(out);

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are looking into the issue and will update you soon.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Do you have any update on this issue already?

Thanks in advance…

Best regards,

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have noticed the columns rendering issue in PCL to PDF conversion and logged a ticket PDFNEWJAVA-35803 for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

Further more in reference to change fonts in a PDF document. Please check following documentation link for the purpose. Hopefully it will help you to accomplish the task.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-35803) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.